Join and participate in the Young Africa Works-IITA project to improve your skill and knowledge on any agricultural venture of your choice. Training youths in various agricultural operations is one of the most feasible ways of boosting food production, enhancing food security and eradicating poverty in any affected area of the world. With this training from IITA, participating youths will have the opportunity to learn and relate from top professionals in the field.
About Young Africa Works-IITA Project 2020
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation through the Young Africa Works Program, seeks to provide the required skills and knowledge to secure dignified and fulfilling work for youth in agri-food value chains thereby, empowering them for self-employment and employment opportunities.
Being a pivotal body and organization for agricultural research and development in Africa, IITA has taken the responsibility of training Nigerian youths on agricultural enterprises that are of huge economic importance. The Young Africa Works-IITA project is currently seeking youths within Kaduna, Kano, and Lagos, to build their capacity to be trained and work within the supported value chain of rice, soybean, maize, cowpea, poultry, vegetable, mushroom, groundnut, fish, and livestock
The Young Africa Works-IITA project is aimed at the active participation of youths in agriculture; the eligibility of this training is not centered on profession but interest. Anyone interested in agriculture, irrespective of educational background or social status, can participate in this training.
- Aged 18 – 35 years.
- Participants must be resident in any of the targeted location (Kaduna, Kano, and Lagos).
- Must have attained at least Junior Secondary School 3 (JSS3) for entrepreneurship track & a diploma for employment track.
- Must be able to commit at least 6 weeks for the training.
- Must be passionate about agriculture.
- Interest in the project focus on commodities.
- Must have access to a functional mobile phone.
- Affiliation to a registered association is an added advantage.
Applicants should fill this FORM. for further information, applicants can visit the following offices:
- Lagos State Agricultural Development Authority, 371 Oko-Oba, Agege Motor Rd, Agege, Lagos
- IITA office, National Agricultural Extension, and Research Liaison Services (NAERLS) office complex, Zaria Kaduna State.
- International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, Sabo Bakin Zuwo Road, Kano State.
Deadline: November 12th to December 12th, 2020