Ivermectin, a potent antiparasitic agent with activity against internal and external parasites, was delivered to cattle at a controlled zero-order rate for 35 d via orally administered, specially weighted, ALZET 2ML4 osmotic pumps. The osmotic pumps delivered the drug consistently over the trial period. Steady-state levels in plasma were achieved in 7-14 d, and plasma concentration depletion curves were observed to start at approximately day 35, the theoretical delivery lifetime of the osmotic pumps. Bioavailability was estimated to be 40%, and dose rate-plasma steady-state interrelationships were shown to be linear.
Ivermectin is an injectable parasiticide for cattle and swine. One low-volume dose effectively treats and controls the following internal and external parasites that may impair the health of cattle and swine: gastrointestinal roundworms (including inhibited Ostertagia ostertagi in cattle), lungworms, grubs, sucking lice, and mange mites of cattle; and gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms, lice, and mange mites of swine.
Ivermectin is derived from the avermectins, a family of potent, broad-spectrum antiparasitic agents isolated from fermentation of Streptomyces avermitilis. Ivermectin Injection is a clear, ready-to-use, sterile solution containing 1% ivermectin, 40% glycerol formal, and propylene glycol, q.s. ad 100%. Ivermectin Injection is formulated to deliver the recommended dose level of 200 mcg ivermectin/kilogram of body weight in cattle when given subcutaneously at the rate of 1 mL/110 lb (50 kg). In Swine, Ivermectin Injection is formulated to deliver the recommended dose level of 300 mcg ivermectin/kilogram body weight when given subcutaneously in the neck at the rate of 1 mL per 75 lb (33 kg).
Features and Benefits
- Effective dewormer trusted by cattle producers for more than 35 years.
- Enhances profitability by controlling damaging parasites.1,2
- When left untreated, parasites suppress appetite, reduce feed intake and negatively impact the animal’s immune system.3
- 100 percent Product Satisfaction Guarantee for IVOMEC products when all animals are treated with the product as directed on the label.
- IVOMEC comes in three formulations: IVOMEC (ivermectin topical solution) Pour-On, IVOMEC Plus (ivermectin and clorsulon) and IVOMEC (ivermectin) 1% Injection.
Uses/benefits of Oral Ivermectin For Cattle:
1) Excellent mange and lice control
- It offers up to 56 days of control of biting and sucking lice.4
2) Broad-spectrum control
- It reliably controls 33 species and stages of internal and external parasites including lice and
mange sucking lice.5
3) Improves cattle performance
- When left untreated, parasites suppress appetite, reduce feed intake and negatively impact
the animal’s immune system. Using IVOMEC brand products can enhance your profitability by
controlling these damaging parasites.
Prices of Oral Ivermectin For Cattle
$40.00 – $160.00