Penicillin Injectable is a suspension of penicillin G procaine in 100, 250, and 500 mL multiple dose vials. Each mL is designed to provide 300,000 units of penicillin G as procaine in a stable suspension. Penicillin G procaine is an antibacterial agent which has activity against a variety of pathogenic organisms, mainly in the Gram-positive category. Dura-Pen Dual Penicillin by Durvet contains Penicillin G Procaine and Penicillin G Benzathine for treatment of bacterial infections in beef cattle due to penicillin susceptible organisms.
This fast acting dual penicillin quickly raises blood levels against gram positive organisms and maintains therapeutic levels for a full 48 hours leading to quick resolution of the cattle’s respiratory condition. Ready to use aqueous solution containing 150,000 IU procaine penicillin and 150,000 IU benzathine penicillin per mL for the treatment of infections caused by bacteria sensitive to penicillin, where long-acting therapy is required. Injectable aqueous suspension of procaine penicillin and benzathine penicillin.
Long-Lasting Penicillin G (BP 48) treats bacterial pneumonia and upper respiratory infections. Acts on susceptible bacteria within 15 minutes and keeps working for 48 hours. Two-dose regimen means less handling and less stress on animals. For subcutaneous injection. Active ingredients: Penicillin G Benzathine, Penicillin G Procaine. Total 300,000 units per ml. Indicated for use in cattle only. Label may be different than shown.
Penicillin G Benzathine 150,000 units
Penicillin G Procaine 150,000 units
Lecithin 11.7 mg
Sodium formaldehyde sulfoxylate 1.75 mg
Methylparaben 1.20 mg
Propylparaben 0.14 mg
Tween 40 8.19 mg
Span 40 11.3 mg
Sodium citrate (anhydrous) 3.98 mg
Procaine hydrochloride 20 mg
Sodium carboxymethylcellulose 1.04 mg
Water for Injection, q.s
Uses/benefits of Long Acting Penicillin For Cattle
Bovipen™ is an antibiotic injection containing procaine penicillin. It’s used to treat a wide range of bacterial infections in cattle e.g. clostridial infections.
- Cattle species-specific injectable penicillin.
- Easy administration.
- Convenient plastic pillow packs.
Features of Long Acting Penicillin For Cattle
- Combines long acting Penicillin G Procaine and Penicillin G Benzathine.
- Broad spectrum of activity.
- Easy syringe-ability because its non-foaming.
- Single treatment maintains 48-hour penicillin levels.
- Efficient and economical – reduces time, labor, and stress on animal associated with frequent injections.
- Store between 2°C-8°C (36°F-46°F) and protect from freezing.
- Warm to room temp and shake well prior to use.
- Subcutaneous injection only.
- Not for use in lactating dairy cattle.
- Treatment should be limited to two doses given subcutaneously.
Prices of Long Acting Penicillin For Cattle
$10.50 – $113.85