Excede for Cattle antibiotic contains 200mg/mL of ceftiofur and is indicated for the treatment of cattle respiratory disease (BRD, shipping fever, pneumonia) associated with Mannheimia haemolytica, Pasteurella multocida, and Histophilus somni in beef, non-lactating dairy, and lactating dairy cattle. This cattle antibiotic is also indicated for the treatment of bovine foot rot (interdigital necrobacillosis) associated with Fusobacterium necrophorum and Porphyromonas levii in beef, non-lactating dairy, and lactating dairy cattle and also indicated for the treatment of acute metritis (0-10 days post-partum) associated with bacterial organisms susceptible to ceftiofur in lactating dairy cattle.
Excede® 200 is an injectable antibiotic for use in cattle and horses.
Cattle: sterile suspension is indicated for the treatment of Bovine Respiratory Disease (BRD) associated with Mannheimia haemolytica, Pasteurella multocida and Histophilus somni (Haemophilus somnus). It is also indicated for the treatment of bovine foot rot (interdigital necrobacillosis) associated with Fusobacterium necrophorum and Porphyromonas levii. For use in beef and dairy cattle, including lactating dairy cattle. 13 day withdrawal.
Horses: sterile suspension is indicated for the treatment of lower respiratory tract infections in horses caused by susceptible strains of Streptococcus equi ssp. zooepidemicus.
Supplied as a 100 ml bottle.
Needles and syringes sold separately.
A veterinarian’s prescription is required for purchase.
Uses/benefits of Excede Antibiotic For Cattle
After bovine respiratory disease (BRD) metaphylaxis, if you want your first antimicrobial treatment to be your last, rely on EXCEDE® (ceftiofur crystalline free acid) Sterile Suspension:
- Delivers up to seven days of BRD therapy in a single dose
- Controls and treats three major BRD pathogens
- Better 56-day treatment success than Baytril® (enrofloxacin)1
- Resulted in fewer treatment failures than Baytril1
- Delivers one of the lowest treatment costs per day
- Offers the convenience of a short, 13-day meat withdrawal
Features of Excede Antibiotic For Cattle
- Treatment of bovine respiratory disease.
- Also indicated for the control of respiratory disease in beef and non-lactating dairy cattle who are at risk of developing BRD.
● Shake well before using. Please read the complete package insert before administering EXCEDE Sterile Suspension subcutaneously in the posterior ear of cattle.
● Deposit as a single subcutaneous injection in the middle third of the posterior aspect of the ear, avoiding all blood vessels. See Figures 2 and 3.
● Adjust the needle insertion point to avoid any blood vessels, previous implants, ear tags or ear tag holes. Do not administer intra-arterially.
● Deliver the entire contents of the syringe.
● When administered correctly, a subcutaneous bleb of EXCEDE Sterile Suspension will appear.
● When withdrawing the needle, apply pressure to the needle insertion point, and massage toward the base of the ear.
- 100mL bottle.
- Store at controlled room temperature 68° to 77°F.
- Shake well before using.
- Use contents within 12 weeks after first dose removal.
Prices of Excede Antibiotic For Cattle
$234.99 – $567.10