Zoetis stands behind our Bovi-Shield Gold FP 5 vaccine with the Fetal Protection (FP) Support Guarantee. The FP Support Guarantee is our commitment to providing veterinarians and producers with confidence that their decision to use Zoetis-branded reproductive vaccines will be supported if a calf is identified with Bovine Viral Diarrhea Virus (BVDV) persistent infection (PI), or if there is an abortion due to Infectious BovineRhinotracheitis Virus (IBR). For beef cattle producers, CATTLEMASTER GOLD FP® 5 helps provide demonstrated protection from the four most common viral respiratory diseases, and is the only killed bovine viral diarrhea (BVD) Types 1 and 2 viral vaccine line with the power to help deliver protection from BVD persistent infection and IBR abortion in cattle.
CattleMaster Gold FP5 is indicated for use in healthy cattle, including pregnant cows, to protect against infectious diseases and abortion caused by IBR, BVD Types I and II, PI3 and BRSV. Give 2 ml subcutaneously. Repeat in three weeks. When used for fetal protection, give at five and two weeks prior to breeding. Calves vaccinated before 6 months of age should be revaccinated at 6 months of age. Annual booster of this cattle vaccine is recommended. Modified live and killed product, requires mixing. Safe for pregnant cows.
CattleMaster GOLD FP 5 is for vaccination of healthy cattle, including pregnant cows, as an aid in preventing abortion caused by infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR, bovine herpesvirus Type 1), persistently infected calves caused by bovine virus diarrhea (BVD) virus Types 1 and 2, and respiratory disease caused by IBR, BVD (Types 1 and 2), parainfluenza-3 (PI-3), and bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV). CattleMaster GOLD FP 5 is a freeze-dried preparation of chemically altered strains of IBR and PI-3 viruses and modified live BRSV, plus a liquid, adjuvanted preparation of inactivated BVD virus (Types 1 and 2). The liquid component is used to rehydrate the freeze-dried component. Viral antigens are propagated on an established cell line. This product contains a unique combination of adjuvants, including Amphigen®, to enhance the immune response to its fractions. The BVD diluent of CattleMaster GOLD FP 5 is further processed by a proprietary system to help assure consistency of the formulation.
Features of Cattlemaster Vaccine
- Safe for any cow, any calf, any time, except within 21 days prior to slaughter
- Delivers fetal protection from BVD persistent infection and IBR abortion when administered prior to breeding
- Beef-friendly subcutaneous injection
Benefits of Cattlemaster Vaccine
- Helps provide protection from the four most common viral respiratory diseases, plus 5-way leptospirosis protection.
- Killed BVD Type 2 helps deliver respiratory protection even against a lethal challenge.
- The only killed BVD vaccine line with the power to help deliver protection from BVD persistent infection and IBR abortion.
- Safe and convenient, vaccinate any calf, any cow, anytime.
- Beef-friendly subcutaneous (SC) injection.
Directions For Use
1. General Directions: Vaccination of healthy cattle, including pregnant cows, is recommended. Aseptically rehydrate the freeze-dried vaccine with the liquid vaccine provided, shake well, and administer 2 mL subcutaneously.
2. Primary Vaccination: Healthy cattle should receive an initial 2 doses 3 weeks apart. As an aid in preventing IBR-induced abortion and BVD persistently infected calves, administer a 2-mL dose at approximately 5 and 2 weeks prior to breeding. Calves vaccinated before the age of 6 months should be revaccinated after 6 months of age.
3. Revaccination: Annual revaccination with a single dose is recommended.
4. Good animal husbandry and herd health management practices should be employed.
Aids in the prevention of abortion caused by infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) virus, persistently infected calves caused by bovine viral diarrhea (BVD) Types 1 and 2 viruses, and respiratory disease caused by IBR, BVD Types 1 and 2, parainfluenza 3 (PI3) virus and bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV).
- Store at 2°–7°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze.
- Use entire contents when first opened.
- Sterilized syringes and needles should be used to administer this vaccine. Do not sterilize with chemicals because traces of disinfectant may inactivate the vaccine.
- Burn containers and all unused contents.
- Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
- Contains gentamicin as preservative.
- Occasional hypersensitivity reactions may occur up to 18 hours postvaccination. Owners should be advised to observe animals during this period. While this event appears to be rare overall, dairy cattle may be affected more frequently than other cattle. Animals affected may display excessive salivation, incoordination, and/or dyspnea. Animals displaying such signs should be treated immediately with epinephrine or equivalent. In nonresponsive animals, other modes of treatment should be considered.
- As with many vaccines, anaphylaxis may occur after use. Initial antidote of epinephrine is recommended and should be followed with appropriate supportive therapy.
- This product has been shown to be efficacious in healthy animals. A protective immune response may not be elicited if animals are persistently infected with BVD virus or incubating an infectious disease, are malnourished or parasitized, are stressed due to shipment or environmental conditions, are otherwise immunocompromised, or the vaccine is not administered in accordance with label directions.
Prices of Cattlemaster Vaccine
$33.67 – $81.91