Bovi-Shield GOLD 5 is a vaccine used in healthy cattle to prevent respiratory disease caused by infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) virus and viremia caused by bovine virus diarrhea (BVD) virus Types 1 and 2. Bovi Shield Gold 5 also aids in preventing respiratory disease caused by BVD virus Types 1 and 2, parainfluenza3 (PI3) virus and bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV). This vaccine should not be given to pregnant cows unless they were vaccinated with any Bovi-Shield GOLD FP or PregGuard GOLD FP vaccine within the past 12 months. Doing so may result in abortions.
Following rehydration of the freeze-dried Bovi Shield Gold 5 vaccine with the sterile diluent provided, shake well and administer 2 mL subcutaneously or intramuscularly. For beef cattle producers, BOVI-SHIELD GOLD® 5 is a modified-live virus used for the vaccination of healthy cattle to prevent infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR) virus and to aid in the prevention of bovine viral diarrhea (BVD) Types 1 and 2 viruses, and disease caused by parainfluenza 3 (PI3) virus and bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV).
Bovi-Shield Gold 5 is a cattle vaccine for the protection of healthy animals to prevent respiratory disease caused by IBR, BVD Types I and II, PI3 and BRSV. Give 2 ml subcutaneous or intramuscular. Safe for pregnant cows or calves nursing pregnant cows, provided they were vaccinated according to label directions with any Bovi-Shield Gold FP or PregGuard Gold FP vaccine within the last 12 months. Annual booster is recommended. Modified live virus, requires mixing.
Bovi-Shield GOLD FP 5 is for vaccination of healthy cows and heifers prior to breeding as an aid in preventing persistently infected calves caused by bovine virus diarrhea (BVD) virus Types 1 and 2; abortion caused by infectious bovine rhinotracheitis (IBR, bovine herpesvirus Type 1) virus; BVD Type 2 testicular infection; and respiratory disease caused by IBR, BVD Types 1 and 2, parainfluenza-3 (PI-3) and bovine respiratory syncytial virus (BRSV). A 12-month duration of immunity has been demonstrated against IBR-induced abortion and persistently infected calves caused by BVD Types 1 and 2.
Bovi-Shield GOLD FP 5 may be administered to pregnant cattle provided they were vaccinated according to label directions with any Bovi-Shield GOLD FP vaccine within the past 12 months. Bovi-Shield GOLD FP 5 may also be administered to calves nursing pregnant cows provided their dams were vaccinated within the past 12 months as described above. Note that the efficacy of Bovi-Shield GOLD FP 5 as an aid in preventing abortion caused by IBR virus and BVD Type 2 testicular infection was demonstrated by intramuscular injection only. To help ensure safety in pregnant cattle, cows and heifers must receive at least 2 doses of any Bovi-Shield GOLD FP product as non-pregnant animals with the first dose administered after 6 months of age and the second dose administered approximately 30 days prebreeding.
Directions For Use
General Directions: Vaccination of healthy cattle is recommended. Aseptically rehydrate the freeze-dried vaccine with the sterile diluent provided, shake well, and administer 2 mL subcutaneously or intramuscularly. In accordance with Beef Quality Assurance guidelines, this product should be administered subcutaneously in the neck region. Primary Vaccination: Administer a single 2-mL dose to all breeding cows and heifers approximately 1 month prior to breeding or being added to the herd. Revaccination: Annual revaccination with a single dose of Bovi-Shield GOLD FP 5 is recommended.
Do not use in pregnant cows (abortions can result) unless they were vaccinated, according to label directions, with any Bovi-Shield GOLD FP or PregGuard GOLD FP vaccine within the past 12 months. Do not use in calves nursing pregnant cows unless their dams were vaccinated within the past 12 months as described above.
- Consistent with good vaccination practices, it is recommended that heifers receive at least 2 doses with the second dose administered approximately 30 days prebreeding.
- Store at 2°–7°C. Prolonged exposure to higher temperatures and/or direct sunlight may adversely affect potency. Do not freeze.
- Use entire contents when first opened.
- Sterilized syringes and needles should be used to administer this vaccine. Do not sterilize with chemicals because traces of disinfectant may inactivate the vaccine.
- Burn containers and all unused contents.
- Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.
- Contains gentamicin as preservative.
- As with many vaccines, anaphylaxis may occur after use. Initial antidote of epinephrine is recommended and should be followed with appropriate supportive therapy.
- This product has been shown to be efficacious in healthy animals. A protective immune response may not be elicited if animals are incubating an infectious disease, are malnourished or parasitized, are stressed due to shipment or environmental conditions, are otherwise immunocompromised, or the vaccine is not administered in accordance with label directions.
Prices of Bovi Shield Vaccine
$12.03 – $97.87