The Black Bengal goat is a breed of goat found in throughout , West Bengal and Orissa regions of northeastern India .This breed is usually colored black but it is also found in brown, white or gray. The Black Bengal goat is small in size but its body structure is tight. Its horns are small and legs are short. An adult Buck goat weights about 25 to 30 kg and Doe 20 to 25 kg. It is poor in milk production. The Black Bengal goats gain maturity very fast. The female goat becomes pregnant twice a year and gives birth to 3–4 baby goats every time . This breed can adapt to any environment easily and its disease preventive ability is very high. It produces high-quality meat and skin
Black Bengal goat is a very useful small livestock in Bangladesh. It is also a great source of income for the poor people of this country. Goat farming has a very important role in reducing unemployment and poverty, increasing meat or milk production and earning currency from foreign country. And Black Bengal goat is really very perfect for this campaign. There are about 25 millions of goats in Bangladesh. Most of those goats are “Black Bengal goat”. This goat breed is very suitable for meat, milk and skin production. The milk and meat of this goat is very tasty and nutritious than any other goat breeds. And it’s meat and milk has a great demand throughout the world.
The Black Bengal goat breed is usually colored black but it is also found in brown, white or gray. An adult BUCK goat weights about 25 to 30 kg The Black Bengal goats gain sexual maturity very fast. The female goat becomes pregnant twice a year and gives birth to 3–4 baby goats every time . This breed can adapt to any environment easily and its disease preventive ability is very high. It produces high-quality meat .
Benefits of Raising Black Bengal Goat
- As goat is a small animal, it’s food demand is relatively low.
- They require less space for living than other livestock.
- The necessary capital and investment for starting goat farming business with this breed is very low and it is within the ability of general people.
- Diseases are relatively less than other domestic animal.
- Produce many goats in short time.
- The female goat became pregnant twice a year and give birth 2-3 baby goat each time.
- The meat, skin and milk of this goat has a huge demand in Bangladesh and abroad.
- The goat milk prevent tuberculosis and asthma. For this reason it has a great demand to the Bangladeshi people.
- Raising Black Bengal goat can be considered as an additional source of income for the landless farmer.
Black Bengal goat has a broad chest, ears are always on top, horn may small or medium. Their body is tight and relatively shorter than other goat breed. The hair of the skin is smooth. This goat breed start producing baby goat at their 12-15 months of age. The female goat became pregnant twice a year. In proper care and management they can produce more than 2 kids each time. We can get about 11 kg of consumable meat and a high quality skin from a goat weights about 20 kg. The skin of the goat is really a very valuable byproduct. Semi intensive method is very effective for Black Bengal goat farming. The Black Bengal goat is a relatively small sized animal. Average body weight of the adult bucks is about 25-30 kg, and the does on average weight about 20-25 kg.
Black Bengal Goat Meat Price