Gardening became extremely popular during the Victorian era. Due to a craze for ornamental gardens and greenhouses, the need grew for better watering cans. In 1886 the Haws Company came to the rescue. This English business revolutionized the humble watering can by creating a longer spout and two handles: one on the top for carrying, and one on the back for tipping and pouring. The Haws watering can remains a classic today.
Uses of Antique Watering Can
A very simple idea if you plan on transforming an old watering can into a unique vase or a planter is to use some paper images of flowers or other things you like and some clear Mod Podge. Basically you just have to glue the images onto the can and then seal them with a layer of Mod Podge.
- WATERING CAN DECOR – Add some farmhouse decor to your home with this vintage watering can. This watering can has been galvanized to give it an old, antique look. PLEASE NOTE: FOR DECORATIVE USE ONLY. THESE CANS ARE NOT INTENDED TO HOLD WATER.
- FOR DECORATIVE USE ONLY – This farmhouse watering can pitcher will make a stunning tabletop decoration. Display it empty on a tabletop or use it to hold small dry plants or flowers. Please note these cans are not intended to hold water.
- PRIMITIVE FRENCH COUNTRY DECOR – Rustic watering can in true farmhouse style. Perfect to complement your home with some primitive, French country decor.
- MAKES A GREAT GIFT – This antique watering can will make a wonderful gift for women, friends, or family. An eye-catching home decor accent that will enhance the look of any home.
- DIMENSIONS – The metal watering can with top handle measures 11.5”H x 4.9”W x 11.5”L. Height without handle is 7”
|Product Dimensions||16 x 16 x 16 inches|
|Item Weight||3.42 pounds|
|Item model number||VG-002|
|Customer Reviews||3.4 out of 5 stars |
3.4 out of 5 stars
|Best Sellers Rank||#332,630 in Patio, Lawn & Garden |
#1,310 in Watering Cans
|Included Components||Heritage Lace Vintage Garden 16″x16″ French Watering Can|
Prices of Antique Watering Can